Sunday

David....my bubble boy!

My husband and I were high school sweethearts.....we were married in 1986....and in December of 1988 God granted us a very special Christmas gift...our first son!
We were so happy to finally have our son......I was 21 years old and I was ready to be a mom, a wife and live happily ever after! However, this was not in God's plans......
David was only one day old when he became sick....it started as a cold....the doctors told us that it was just infant congestion...however, after a few weeks I began to question the doctors as to why he still had the cold......So then it was decided that he had allergies.
What did I know? I was a new mom.....I believed the doctor and did what I could to make my son comfortable while he slept....I raised the head of his crib and put on a humidifier. Soon he began with thrash...and diarrhea.......The doctor just treated the conditions and moved on....however, by April I knew that something was wrong. Really wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment